
I went out in the boat with Dad today. We took a couple friends out to the cabin on Hawk Inlet, which is on the southwest side of Admiralty Island. The first part of the trip was fairly calm, but coming back it was pretty rough waters.
So on the way there, I found myself thinking that I really wanted an Alaska adventure while I was here for the summer. Well . . . We were a little over halfway there, right by Funter Bay, when the engine started making unusual noises. Dad stopped the boat and went to see if maybe some kelp was caught in the engine. That was not the case. He lifted the engine and went to check to see if he could figure out what was going on. Meanwhile, I am sitting up front thinking that we may just have to spend the night in the boat or maybe we were close enough to use the smaller trolling engine to get to the cabin (which we weren't, or rather it would have taken forever). At least we were within swimming distance of shore, right? So after calmly thinking that way for a few minutes, I started praying and asked God to show my dad exactly what it was that needed to be fixed. Within 5-10 minutes, he had found the problem (some misbehaving wire), fixed it, and we were on our way. Hooray!!
The 3.5 hours we were out on the water gave me lots of time to think:
- Cold in Juneau is much less cold than cold in California.
- When your toes get too cold, they almost feel warm.
- Step one foot in Juneau, and you won't want to leave.
- I need external motivators.
- God delights in us enjoying the outdoors.
1 comment:
For those reading this, the camera I used to take this was my phone camera. In good lighting, it takes really nice pictures. In bad lighting, it takes horrible pictures.
Post a Comment