Orientation day! And what a beautiful view to have while sitting listening to the typical spiel: meeting, greeting, about the company, duties, etc.
Highlights of the day:
- Saw a whale!
- Pizza for lunch.
- Gorgeous day! And I got to sit by the window!
- Finished 1 hour early.
- Walk on Brotherhood Bridge Trail with Dad.
- Dinner with Dad.
- Bonfire at Point Louisa with some Allen Marine crew.

I am very excited about working for Allen Marine this summer. They are a very reputable company. Some people have returned up to 5 times for these seasonal jobs. (This does not include the year-round staff.) I met a lot of nice people, although I will not be working with the majority of them. Most of the crew work on the boats, but I will be working downtown on the docks where the cruise ships come to port. So far, I have only met a few people who I will be working with directly, as some of our team has not arrived yet. The only parts of this job I am really not looking forward to are the days when I will be outside in the rain all day. So I will be praying for an extra warm and dry summer and always packing a raincoat and hat!
No comments:
Post a Comment