Sunday, May 10, 2009

And Summer Begins

Mother's Day. Coffee and scones with mom. One-year since I graduated from college. (Woohoo!) Sunny. Gorgeous. What else can I say!

Today was an extremely long day and very exhausting. It feels like we didn't do much today, but I am so tired. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I have not worked this much in over 8 months! I am very happy with how today went, though, because I am finally getting used to the way things work. Nothing is second-nature or old hat yet, but things are making sense and going well.

I was working with a couple tours that were crazy busy (the ones when people first get off the ship), and also with a couple that were starting after the ship had been at dock for a couple hours. I enjoyed those, because I was able to interact more with the passengers. There was more time to chat and talk to them about where they were from and about Juneau. (They find out I am from Juneau and suddenly I know everything. hahah!)

My favorite ship so far is the Serenade of the Seas, which is a Royal Caribbean ship. It came in last week. It had a huge (HUGE) set of windows in one section, from top of the ship to bottom! I will have to try to take a picture of it next time it is in town. It is amazing! Tomorrow we have a Princess ship that I hear is pretty amazing, too. I better make sure to have my camera!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: